The Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering at Prince of Songkla University. The Department is a leading research-oriented Computer Engineering department in Thailand. Founded in 1990, the Department continuously contributes to Thailand computer industry by providing an excellent research and academics environment that produces high quality computer engineering. This is proved by numerous awards received and publications produced by faculty members and students each year. Our graduates are well respected for their skills and often ranked among the preferred choices of employment by industrial recruiters.
The Department is located on two campuses: Hatyai and Phuket. It offers degrees at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Our extensive programs provide theoretical knowledge, supreme practical skills, ethical awareness and social responsibility. The offered subjects are based on concentration of the following areas:
- Information Engineering
- Information Network Engineering
- Computer Control Engineering
- Computer System Design Engineering
Our Department is among Thai universities that house the most advanced facilities. We are well equipped with highly developed tools, super computers, fast network connection and superior learning environments. The Department’s building is fully covered by wireless network as we encourage our students to access the wealth of information on Internet anywhere and anytime in order to speed up their learning.
Besides its excellence in teaching, the Department is recognized as among the best computer engineering departments in Thailand. Our research programs have always been at the forefront of the important technologies that impact the society. Each year various publications are produced in both proceeding and journal publications at regional, national and international levels. Our recent publications are about:
- Design and Development of Virtual Hardware and Protocols for 3rd Generation Mobile Phone Systems
- Development of Mobile Electronic Transaction Services
- Virtual Classroom: Design and Implementation
- Design and Development of Decision Support Simulation Systems and Distributed Interactive simulation with High Level Architecture (HLA) and HLA performance Analysis
- Detection and Analysis in Thai Speech Recognition
- Differentiated Services and QoS Management
- Enhancement of IPv6 Systems
- Web-based Search Engines
Finally, in addition to teaching and research conduct, the Department aims to promote a transfer of knowledge and computer technology to a community. For many years, our qualified staff have serviced the community by being industrial consultants, organizing workshops in the area of Computer Engineering, providing web hosting service and offering software development.